The etiquette of the House of Umathum appears consciously classic. It thereby strengthens the traditional wine stylistic of the vineyard. The dominant component of our corporate design is the Frauenkirchen pilgrimage church. It is illustrated in our gothic script Umathum logo. This baroque building was errected between 1699 and 1702. This shapes the historical architecture of the region in the most impressive way. Even today “Maria on the Heath”, seeming boundless and selfconscious, shimmering in the heat and distance of Seewinkel, remains a much-loved pilgrimage destination for believers from Austria, Hungary and Slovakia.
The outward appearance of the vineyard farmhouse is also classic. Situated on the edge of the village are to be found the foundations of a row of barns, which, for north Burgenland, is standard. The store itself lends a sacred and mythical character, and is built in the form of a church.